"Our intuition to retain customers in the Italian market and to focus firmly on foreign markets and on ongoing technological innovation has proved successful and, today, it allows us to confidently look to the future.
I would like to thank all the employees, collaborators, partners, suppliers and, above all, our customers who trust us. We will continue to strive to provide innovative solutions for the challenges of surface treatment with efficient after-sales support services".
Diego Benelli and Ezio Ferrarini, having gained significant production experience in the sectors of plastic film production and extrusion, founded Ferrarini & Benelli in 1965 and registered their first patent in 1970.
The corporate history reflects the development of the packaging industry. In the early years of operation, the existing systems allowed corona treatment only on plastic film extrusion lines. The advent of new materials, additives, solvent-free adhesives and new printing inks opened up new opportunities in the field of converting.
Traditional treatment with aluminium electrodes changed to equipment with ceramic electrodes which allowed for universal treatment of any type of material. More powerful stations taking up little space are intended for increasingly compact and faster production lines.
In the 90s, the presence of Ferrarini & Benelli grew in international markets thanks to the constant proposal of innovative solutions and management enhancement with the entry of Claudia Benelli to the company (see in the photo with her father, the company founder).
In 2005 the new headquarters of Romanengo (CR) became operational.
In 2010, after years of research, lab tests and inspection, Ferrarini & Benelli launched its atmosphere Plasma 3D treatment to improve the wettability properties of polymeric, even three-dimensional materials and of metals, to guarantee good adhesion of ink, glue, coatings etc.
The constant pursuit of excellence has led us to recently create:
- corona treatment specific for blown film extrusion lines
- corona treatment for high-performance converting
- stations for cast film lines that are able to work polypropylene homo-polymer film up to 250 metres per minute
- increasingly powerful and reliable digital generators
- communication systems integrated with production lines
- pipe treatment for district heating (patented)
- corona treatment for rigid hollow sheets and sheets for refrigerators with automatic control system that adapt to variations of thickness of the production chain
- catalytic multi-stage ozone destruction system at room temperature.