The labels are made of different materials (vinyl, acetate, polyester, polypropylene, aluminium foil, etc.). All of these materials contain additives, lubricants, antistatic materials and plasticisers which migrate to the surface during storage thus decreasing wettability at the time of printing.
This raises the need to apply a corona treatment station on the printing lines, to thereby ensure a good ink anchorage.
The narrow web corona treatment stations of Ferrarini & Benelli feature ceramic electrodes that allow for the treatment of all types of materials, both conductive and non-conductive.
- Station built with stainless materials. The conductive ceramic cover on the roller reduces wear and tear on the components and offers better frictional characteristics.
- The easy-open cartridge for the electrodes facilitates threading and permits a quick removal for maintenance
- Multiple ceramic electrodes for high performance.
- Compact and affordable model.
- Discharge roller coated with conductive ceramic for better frictional characteristics
- Fixed ceramic electrode group
The corona treatment for labels is combined with a single phase generator with a modular electronic control system and signalling panel with membrane switches. The power controller detects the speed of the roller and progressively adjusts the power depending on the speed. Also available with remote controls.