It is suitable for treating: 3D objects, small areas of plastic parts, profiles and sections, cables and pipes, strips of plastic film.
Plasma is created inside the head between two electrodes. Then it is directed toward the substrate that needs to be treated by an airflow. Unlike corona treatment, plasma treatment produces no ozone.
The system can be integrated in-line and it is composed of:
- High frequency digital generator with integrated transformer
- One or more dedicated heads connected to the generator by means of a shielded cable 2,5 m. long and it is equipped with a pressure regulator complete with manometer.
The treatment width of a single head is 10 mm.
- Printing: pad printing, ink jet, screen printing, coding for cables, pipes, electric cables
- Coating: bonding of gaskets, folding/gluing line, flocking of rubber and plastic
- Cleaning: removal of oil and dust on plastic, steel, metal and work in progress materials.
In converting and folding carton operations, the treatment is mostly used on folding/gluing lines in order to activate the surface before the application of the glue.
In the production of boxes or other container made of plastic materials or plasticized, this treatment enhances the bonding of glue.