We exhibited at Equiplast (Stand F663) the corona treatment unit Bikappa Rotary (particularly suitable for mounting on high-performance blown film extruders or on flexographic presses in line with extruders).
The Bikappa Rotary we exhibited during the show has been sold to customer Plascan (Gran Canaria) producer of HDPE, LDPE flexible packaging that was very satisfied about our innovation in the generator and treating unit.
The new Evo Line generators are equipped with integrated digital control system that can attain the high power level needed to treat the most difficult plastic materials at maximum line speed. The new generators feature a greater level of technological innovation. The wide range of available power levels permits a variety of corona treatment applications such as extrusion, extrusion coating, printing and laminating.
We exhibited at LabelExpo (Stand 4B37) ET98, Labels for the treatment of labels before printing. Different sizes are available and suitable for speed up to 300 m/min.
The labels are made of different materials (vinyl, acetate, polyester, polypropylene, aluminium foil, etc.). All of these materials contain additives, lubricants, antistatic materials and plasticisers which migrate to the surface during storage thus decreasing wettability at the time of printing. This raises the need to apply a corona treatment station on the printing lines, to ensure a good ink anchorage.
It is equipped with multiple ceramic electrodes for high performance that allow for the treatment of all types of materials conductive and non-conductive. The conductive ceramic cover on the roller reduces wear and tear on the components and offers better frictional characteristics. Narrow web treating units are matched with single phase iGBT technology generators.
Info Flex 2017
On 1st and 2nd of May 2017 we exhibited in Phoenix Convention Center - Phoenix, AZ at Info*flex 2017 which will take place together with FTA’s Annual Forum.
- Narrow web treatment stations for the treatment of labels before printing. They are equipped with ceramic electrodes that allow for the treatment of all types of materials conductive and non-conductive.
- our 2 solutions to quickly check if a surface has been Corona treated or not (Dyne Test Pens and Corona Marker).
Ferrarini & Benelli has joined the German tri-annual exhibition K2016 in Düsseldorf (19 - 26 October 2016) dedicated to raw materials producers, plastic and rubber machinery manufacturers and converting companies. About 70 per cent of all the specialised operators were from other countries: with nearly 30,000 from Asia (in particular: China, South Korea and Iran) and 6 per cent from the USA and Canada.
Ferrarini & Benelli’s experience
The European buyers who showed most interest in the corona and plasma treatments of the company based in Romanengo (CR) were, in order, from Italy (20%), Turkey, Spain, Germany, Russia and France. These were followed by two other strategic areas: the Asian markets (notably India, Pakistan, Thailand, Korea and Japan) and the American markets (mainly the USA, Argentina and Colombia). There was also a discernible increase in visitors from the Mediterranean and the Middle East.
All the new technologies received much attention:
- The new heads for ever more efficient Plasma treatment
- In Air Corona treatment, that directs the discharge toward the substrate to be treated by an air flow
- The EVO generators with touch screen display, available also with remote panel with Wi-Fi connection.
Positive results of Ferrarini & Benelli’s participation: tripled visits at the booth compared to the previous edition. Visitors from throughout the world has been extremely high. Among the European buyers that have shown a big interest in corona and plasma treatments offered by the company there are the Italians (25% of the total visits) followed by Germans, Spanish, Polish and French
Strong affluence from other two strategic areas: Asian markets (in particular India, China and Taiwan) and American markets (above all USA, Argentina and Mexico). On the increase also visitors from South Africa, Israel and Iran.
- POLIMETAL Suitable for single and double-sided treatment of both conductive and non-conductive materials: plastic and metallised film, paper and aluminium foil and also laminates. With electrodes and ceramic rollers, it is used on flexographic and rotogravure printing, laminating and coating machines and on every type of converting equipment (up to 600 m/min).
- BIKAPPA POLIMETAL It has been installed during the Drupa on a roll-to-sheet laminating line for treating the film once laminated
- Corona Quality Control created by Ferrarini & Benelli allows to import the Corona Treatment data from an SD card mounted on the generator to one's own PC and produces certificates of Corona Process Quality.
Labelexpo Europe 2015
At Labelexpo Europe (Bruxelles, 29th September – 2nd October 2015), we showcased innovative solutions for Corona treatment for labels made of plastic and conductive materials.
ET 98 with single phase generator GTS MX (available in two options: stand alone model with IP43-grade protection or integrated model with IP20-grade protection).