According to a Harvard University study, students who participate in entrepreneurship development courses increase their interest in enrolling in college by 32% and their professional aspirations by 44%.
Currently, young people with a higher education qualification in Crema are struggling to find their way into prominent roles in the local economy (marked by SMEs, little willingness to change and a low rate of youth entrepreneurship).
The Intraprendere® Competition – set up in 1994 and unique in Italy in terms of number of students participating and their level of involvement – is aimed at high schoolers from the province of Cremona and has two main goals:
- Boosting initiative (willingness and ability to turn ideas into concrete actions) and a socially aware entrepreneurial spirit
- Promoting sustainable local development.
After the orientation, awareness, training and motivational stage, the two final grades of the high schools in Cremona develop business projects that are then awarded.
The award ceremony symbolises the public recognition of the efforts made by the students in drawing up and drafting their business projects.
Winners of the previous edition
- Boosting initiative, creativity and innovation to allow high schoolers to explore their entrepreneurial inclinations
- Developing their strategic and organisational skills needed to draft, plan, evaluate and implement a project
- Recognising and boosting high schoolers’ entrepreneurial inclination by motivating them to enhance it.
2019 - 2020 Edition
- All the 5 state high schools in Crema (“Galilei” Industrial-technical state high school, “Munari”, “Pacioli”, “Racchetti-Da Vinci”, and “Sraffa” – including the “Marazzi” section high schools).
- 34 classes with 782 students participating in the first stage (orientation)
- 49 entrepreneurial projects simulated and developed independently by finalists
Chamber of Commerce of Cremona, Crftsmen Register of Crema, Industrial Association of Cremona.
Intraprendere® Association takes care of the operational implementation of the project.
2019 – 2020 Edition sponsors
Associazione Popolare Crema per il Territorio, Banca Cremasca e Mantovana Credito Cooperativo, Enercom Srl, GEI Spa, C.O.I.M. Spa, Plastifer Srl, Ferrarini & Benelli Srl, Fasco Service Srl.