Suitable for treating small surfaces of three-dimensional objects, small areas of plastic materials, profiles and sections, cables and tubes, plastic film strips or flat surfaces with high thickness.
The plasma created inside the nozzle is directed towards the substrate to be treated by means of compressed airflow.
The system can be integrated into new or existing lines and consists of:
- high-frequency digital generator with integrated transformer
- one or more discharge nozzles (4 as a maximum) made of stainless materials connected to the generator via a 2.5 m long shielded cable
- and equipped with a pressure regulator complete with pressure gauge.
The treatment width of each individual nozzle is about 10 mm. Unlike corona treatment, plasma treatment does not produce ozone.
- Printing: pad printing, ink jet, screen printing, coding for cables, pipes, electric cables
- Coating: bonding of gaskets, folding/gluing line, flocking of rubber and plastic
- Cleaning: removal of oil and dust on plastic, steel, metal and work in progress materials.
In converting and folding carton operations, the treatment is mostly used on folding/gluing lines in order to activate the surface before the application of the glue.
In the production of boxes or other container made of plastic materials or plasticized, this treatment enhances the bonding of glue.