Technical support is assured, in Italy and abroad, by service centres and spare parts distribution centres that have a warehouse for prompt intervention. Vast and assorted spare parts warehouse.
For technical assistance our office is able to send technical drawings, photographs, illustrated instructions, instructions via fax/mail in the following languages: Italian, English, French and Spanish.
Quick Guide Technical assistance
Treatment corona shortage
Checking of working conditions
- Check the air-gap (the distance between electrodes and discharge rolls). Is it correct?
A bigger air-gap reduces the treatment. For measuring the air-gap use a pre-calibrated gauge made of plastic materials. It must be 1.5 mm for aluminium electrodes and 1.3 mm for ceramic electrodes (or ceramic discharge roll) on all electrodes width.
- Is the generator working at the maximum power value?
A lower power output can decrease the treatment’s result.
- Have you increased the working speed?
A higher working speed could reduce the treatment. If it is possible go more slowly.
- If supplied, have you turned the R.P.V. (regulation of power proportional to the speed) function off?
If you make a test at slow working speed when R.P.V. function is off, you can increase the generator’s power even at very low speed with the consequence of increasing the corona discharge’s concentration.
- If you have segmented electrodes, be sure of using only the segments of electrode that cover the film. A better discharge’s concentration helps to reach higher treatment’s results. Lift up all those segments of electrodes that do not cover the film. And remember: the generator will adapt itself automatically to the effective electrode-in-charge width.
Material technical data
Does the material contain a high quantity of slip agents?
High slip content reduces the treatment’s effect. If it is possible, reduce, as much as you can, the slip agents or additives you’re using.
IGBT T-MAC “short circuit” alarm assistance
With the generator switched off:
- Check if you have holes in the silicone coverings of discharge rolls (if presents).
- Check if you have holes or cracks in the ceramic electrodes (if presents).
- Check if the THF (High Frequency Transformer) is connected to the generator.
- Check the AIR-GAP on the treater unit (follow the instructions in the treater handbook).
If your problem persist contact our technical team or send an email.
Checking of test inks
- Check if test inks you have bought or you have produced are conforming to the following rules (or equivalents). DIN 53-364 o ASTM D2578-84. If they are not asks for them.
- How old are they? You should change them every 6 months.
- Do you always close them after use? Some components they’re made of could evaporate. The value could be modified by this effect.
- Verify you always keep TEST INKS at a temperature below 25°C. High temperature will vary the values.
Do you know the quick dyne test? By mean of Dyne Test Pens and Corona Markers you can quickly assess if a material is treated or not. It's a very fast test!